New American Association Websites

The new and substantially improved American Association website has been up and running for a few weeks now. Please pay it a visit at

http://www.aaalmanac.com/

It includes tabs on teams, hitters, pitchers, managers, ballparks and products available for sale. It's a work in progress, so bear with me while I finish up the details. As of this writing the ballparks section isn't yet complete, but you'll get the idea.

In addition, I'm now periodically publishing my ballplayer grave photos at

http://www.lostengraving.deviantart.com/gallery/

While I do not consider this to be the permanent home of my collection of grave photos, it's the best thing I've found so far, and you can't beat the price (free). Hope you'll pay it a visit.

Eventually there will be a new site devoted to the grave photos, but I'm too busy to put it together right now. I'm currently working on the 2010 American Association Wall Calendar, and getting my notes together for next Almanac on the topic of Parkway Field in Louisville which I'm hoping to have out by Nov. 1. As if that weren't enough, I've completed my book proposal for the University of Minnesota Press on the topic of the rivalry between the Minneapolis Millers and St. Paul Saints. Data collection for that project has begun in earnest. It promises to be a very thorough treatment of the subject, but it may not be done in the amount of time they'd like it to be...

In other news, I've had a few hits on the items I'm selling on eBay, but it's slow going, as one might imagine. Just picked up a complete 1929 Minneapolis Millers ticket, and will post that here when it comes. Other than that, summer is drawing to a close with my Brewers looking not-so-good. High expectations at the start of the season have dissipated weeks ago, so now we're just along for the ride and hoping they can salvage some respect in the waning weeks.

Be sure to visit the new websites!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The First All-Star Game

Contact the American Association Almanac

Ballparks of Indianapolis, Part I: Perry Stadium