New Almanac Website

 After years without a website, the American Association Almanac is finally back on the web with a new and improved approach. The original idea was to find a web-builder format that would support my fairly large data files so they could be shared with those interested some of the same things I'm most interested in. But it was a struggle finding it. Finally last June I discovered google sites and it was perfect for my purposes. At the time I was in the middle of researching the American Association playoffs and did not want to divert my attention. But now that the Fall Almanac is out, I've been able to spend some time getting two sections of the new website produced.

Please look at the section on the Home Run Leaders of the deadball era.

https://sites.google.com/view/aaalmanac/hr-leaders

There you will find profiles for eight players who led their teams in home runs during the year in which that team hit its greatest number of homers from 1902 to 1920.

Once you're there, find the section on Data Files where you'll see how I organized the data used for writing the Fall 2020 edition of the Almanac.

The American Association Almanac is a print publication which caters to subscribers who pay $24/1 yr. or $42/2 yrs. for the opportunity to read about regional baseball history. Please contact me at pureout@msn.com with inquiries, or make out a check to Rex Hamann and send it to 14201 Crosstown Blvd. NW, Andover, MN   55304. If you would like a listing of back issues, email me. If you wish to know about current subscription specials for the Fall of 2020, email me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ballparks of Indianapolis, Part 2: Perry Stadium/Victory Field

The First All-Star Game

Contact the American Association Almanac